Saturday, 24 April 2010

Wedding at The Great Tythe Barn Tetbury


I was really excited to be styling hair for today's wedding as it was at a venue I haven't been to before. I've styled hair for several brides who got married at Tetbury's Great Tythe Barn but this was the first time I had actually been to the venue to do the preparation.
I visited Sarah earlier in the year in Clifton Bristol to do her trial. Sarah has the most beautiful naturally curly hair which is great to work with.

The weather had held out for us and today was a really sunny day as I arrived at the barn and complex of cottages. Sarah was staying in Kiln Cottage right in front of the main barn. A beautiful self contained cottage with a fabulous 'Bottle Kiln' fireplace in the main room which gives the cottage it's name.
I started with putting Sarah's bridesmaid's hair into heated rollers to add body and curl for the half up hairstyle we decided on.


Next I styled Sarah's hair by curling it with GHD's before putting it up and styling it back to form a beautiful array of curls at the back. Once styled I pinned a beautiful crystal diamante comb into the back to finish the style.

Once bridesmaid Ali's hair was out of the rollers and styled I blow dried Sarah's Mum's hair into style ready to take her beautiful hat.

My good friend and colleague Clare Bryce (Pure Pampering) was doing the make-up for the wedding today using the new to UK range of mineral make-up PURE ANADA.

As Clare and I left we had a quick peek in the barn, it really is an amazing place and Sarah's mother had done the most fabulous job with flower arrangements and candles in all the alcoves.
.
.
.
Visit Fordham Hair Design's main website for more bridal hairstyle ideas and online portfolio for Gloucestershire, and beyond. www.fhdmobile.co.uk