Saturday, 17 April 2010

Orchardleigh House Frome Somerset


A very early start today leaving Gloucester and a 1.5 hour drive down the motorway driving past Bristol through Bath and to Frome in Somerset for the bridal hair styling for Clare's wedding.

Orchardleigh House is a new venue for me and I wasn't disappointed!! Whilst researching the directions for the house on their website I read '... on leaving the main road drive passed the lodge houses and drive 1.5 miles along the drive through the parkland to the house' Yes you read right ... 1.5miles of driveway! I have been to some incredible venues but I think this one must be in my top 3 of the best.
Clare was in the 'Bonita' suite, a beautiful room with a four poster bed and incredible view across the gardens and parkland.
Best friend Adrienne and sister Laura both had long hair which I added body to with heated rollers and then styled. Laura had asked for an informal put up with a tousled feel which suited her hair and the beautiful silver grey fascinator.
Adrienne had amazing brunette hair which she wanted to keep down so the heated rollers were used to just add body, sleekness and tame the style, I also fixed wired cream rosebuds into the style on one side. Very elegant.
Clare's mum Liz had bought the most incredible hat for the wedding in France where she lives. It was a forties turban style with a huge feather and crystal detail at the front, VERY unique and perfectly suited to her. I blow dried her hair and added some flicks to the edges of the hair to balance the style with the hat.
I met Clare for her trial run in Bath earlier in the year and we had decided on a very simple style with body in the crown and the sides swept back and pinned. As with the others I set Clare's hair into heated rollers to give body and smooth the hair, once styled and pinned into place I fitted the tiara and veil.

Whilst I was styling the hair the Best Man arrived with gifts from the groom which included Diamond earrings from Tiffany's and a huge limited edition oil painting which Clare had seen in a gallery in London and he had secretly bought for her!! So romantic!
As I left the vintage Rolls Royce was arriving to take Clare to the church.
Visit Fordham Hair Design's main website to see more bridal hair images and for further details of Chris Fordham's work.