Sunday, 30 August 2009

Five Weddings and a Bank Holiday!

Bank Holiday's are notoriously popular times for weddings but this August has far surpassed anything I've done before, between Thursday and Sunday I styled hair for five brides and their respective wedding parties.


Thursday 27th August








Today saw my return to 'The Matara Centre' near Tetbury, Gloucestershire in the heart of the Cotswolds to style Tina's hair for her wedding. I arrived just after 9am and went to Kingscote Park House the main house within the Matara Centre. This is a beautiful Grade II Regency house that offers accommodation for up to 16 people. Here I was styling the hair for Tina's 3 bridesmaids.
The 3 girls all had very different hair but we had decided to to try and give a similar style to each one with soft tousled curls and partially taken up with diamante clips added for decoration and delicate jewelled tiara style headbands.
Special mention must go to Megan (above picture) who insisted I mention her in this blog ...hi Megan!

Once I'd finished styling the 3 bridesmaids hair I moved to the bridal suite which is situated in the original Lodge house on the other side of the gardens from Kingscote park house. Here I set to work styling Tina's hair into ringlets and then putting half of it up to compliment the fabulous tiara that Tina had chosen. Clare from Pure Pampering was in attendance to do make-up for the group and as usual did an amazing job!
Friday 28th August

Today saw me styling hair for 2 weddings! First was Sylvia's wedding in Gloucester, having got
up at 5.30 to make sure I with Sylvia just before 7am.
We did the run through for Sylvia a month or so back and gave her hair loads more body and movement to give her a great glamorous look for her wedding day.
Once I'd finished Sylvia's wedding hair I made a mad dash to Newent where I was styling the hair for Kate's wedding. We had a really tight schedule as I had 4 bridesmaids and Kate (the bride) to be styled, put up and ready to get to the church for 1pm! Luckily Kate's parents live 1 minutes walk from the church so there wouldn't be a long journey!
All the girls had beautiful long hair and gave me a real challenge to style and 'put up' in the time we had, but the morning flew by as the girls hair was curled , put up and adorned with jewelled hair clips.

Once all the bridesmaids had been style I set to work putting Kate's hair up into a fabulous 'updo' with tiara and veil.
I was able to take some photographs as the party were ready to leave and the sound of church bells was drifting through the garden as Kate disappeared with her bridesmaids.
Saturday 29th August

Stone House Court Hotel was today's venue for Liz's wedding. Set at the edge of the Cotswolds this grade 2 listed 17th Century manor house has been made into extremely luxurious hotel.

I arrived early to style Liz's mum's hair and attach her beautiful lilac fascinator which had been handmade to match her outfit.
Liz's dress had a slight 40's influence so we decided on this half up do on one side, rolled to give a slight vintage feel and finished with a great vintage style diamonte hair comb.

Whilst I was styling the hair out of the bedroom window we could see the beautiful setting for the ceremony being prepared, beautiful white chair covers tied with soft pink bows were being placed in front of the stone gazebo where the ceremony would take place in the hotel gardens. I left Stonehouse to travel further into the cotswolds to do a trial run for Ellen's wedding which takes place in October. Ellen's parents live right by the famous Bell Inn at Sapperton well renowned for the superb food which is served there! A great place to have a meal if you're staying in the cotswolds for a wedding.

I arrived as Clare from Pure Pampering was finishing Ellen's Make-up trial, Clare was also having a incredibly busy bank holiday with weddings.

Look out for Ellen's pictures in my entry for her wedding in October, she really is going to make the most beautiful bride!!!

Sunday 30th August
I drove over to Bibury in the heart of the Cotswolds this morning to style the hair for Claire's wedding.
The setting for the wedding was 'The Swan Hotel' which stands next to the River Coln in the heart of the village.

I started with styling the 2 bridesmaids hair first, Claire's bridesmaid were identical twins!

They had the most beautiful naturally curly hair which I styled up into elegant rolled french pleats and tousled curls on top. They looked extremely elegant!! Both had a silk rose hair clip placed into the hairstyle to finish the look.When we did the trial run earlier in the year Claire had decided on an elegant side chignon with a large silk rose hairpiece attached next to it. I finished attaching the final pieces and applied the final spritz of hairspray before leaving Claire and the girls to finish getting ready.



An incredibly busy weekend drew to a close as I left Bibury ready for a well earned day off on bank holiday Monday.

Visit Fordham Hair Design main website for more Bridal wedding hair styling details http://www.fhdmobile.co.uk/